Altai State Medical University was earlier known as Altai State Medical Institute. It was founded in the year 1954. The University is situated in Russia. Barnaul is located along the Ob River in the Western Siberian Plain and it is the administrative center of Altai Krai. In 2014, the city had a population of around 700,000 people.
Altai State Medical University is acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation. The founder of the University himself is the part of Russian Federation. It is a state-financed foundation, entrenched in accordance with the applicable laws of the Russian Federation.
The first batch of the Dental Faculty was introduced in the 1990. In the year 1993, the Center of Continuing Education started generating the certification system of Medical Specialists. In the year 1994, Altai State Medical Institute was renamed as Altai State Medical University(order of the State Committee of Russia from 15.06.1994 № 586, Order of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation from 23.06.1994, № 127). Later in the year 1998, the Faculty of Powerful office introduced Distance Learning.
The University offered Medical- Prophylactic Faculty in the year 2001. However, in 2002, the University opened a Dental Clinic with the most advanced technology of dental restoration. In 2004, the Faculty of Higher Nursing Education was introduced.
The University has by far trained more than 20,000 graduates. The Academic Staff of the University consists of more than 100 doctors and 350 candidates of science, 3 Corresponding Members of RAMS (ZS Barkagan, VIKiselev, YNScheu-hat), 5 Honored Scientists of Russia (ZS Barkagan VB Gervasi, L. Tarasov, G. Trubnikov, YN Shoikhet), 25 distinguished physicians Russia and 10 honored workers of the Graduate School.